translation it_IT.ini

If you are developing Gestinux or if you want to join the developers, write your questions and remarks here.
nomorelogic

translation it_IT.ini

Post by nomorelogic »

hi all guys

me and xiniyman: we made a first translation of us_US.ini into it_IT.ini

We have to consider this first translation a draft translation, so we need more work to make it perfect.
However it's a good start point to use Gestinux for italian users.
I hope italian users can help improve this translation.

nomorelogic
Attachments
it_IT.ini.7z
(17.39 KiB) Downloaded 998 times
tintinux
Site Admin

Re: translation it_IT.ini

Post by tintinux »

Hi

Since you are now developper in Gestinux sourceForge project, you should be able to add the file yourself.
Let me know if you have any question or issue...
Since it is a draft, you'll have to add it in the trunk branch.

Don't forget there is also it_IT_util.ini to translate (in the util/languages folder)

The existing debian build procedures (in Install folder) should automatically include the Italian and any existing translation.
Currently, the Windows ISS build will not. Someone must either add Italian as it is done for other langages, or find a way to add any existing language like above...

And when possible, starting to translate at least the Wiki home page would be useful.

Best regards
Tintinux
nomorelogic

Post by nomorelogic »

Ok, I'll add the italian translation in trunk branch and I will try to translate it_IT_util.ini.

Best regards,
nomorelogic

Edit:
it_IT.ini added on repository
tintinux
Site Admin

Post by tintinux »

Hi

Ok, good job.

The it_IT.ini language file looks to be encoded in ISO-8859-1
This cause some wrong display since Gestinux and Lazarus are expecting UTF-8.
You know that you can change this quickly with Lazarus EDI.

I have seen also several translation containing "in inglese", and it should be "in italiano" !

Best regards
Tintinux
nomorelogic

Post by nomorelogic »

Format changed to UTF-8, and this is the good new :) .

Then. I know, several lines are in english but I have a problem in completing the translation. It is not yet clear, to me, how Gestinux works regarding accounting.
For example, I did not understand the role of the "journal". From what I understand there is the possibility (or necessity?) to define more than one journal to make accounting entries.
In Italy (AFAIK: although I know many accounting applications, certainly I do not know all the programs we have in Italy) we do not have this architecture: there is only one journal for each fiscal year. In this unique journal we do all accounting entries.
So I need to understand, before translating, or define if I'm wrong in understanding.

Is there any link that you can suggest me to understand why there's the need of multiple journals, and especially what are the typical journals to be created and how to use them when closing the fiscal year?

Thanks in advantage
nomorelogic
tintinux
Site Admin

Post by tintinux »

Hi

I think that what Gestinux and many other softwares call journal should really be called Special journal or auxiliary journal if we translate word to word from french (maybe closer to Italian).

The wikipedia french page is very clear about this, but I'm not sure that the italian page says anything.

All accounting software I have used in France, and also OpenErp and forks, are allowing several journals and I always understood this as several auxilliary/special journals.

I think that at least 4 ou 5 different auxilliary/special journals are required in France, but it can be different in Italy.
To check bank statements, I don't see another way to define a specific journal for each bank.
However, several auxilliary/special journals are not required by the software itself, all can be done in only one, if this is preferred and legal.

Maybe some other users of Gestinux, could help, or I can try to find other help later.

Best regards

Tintinux
nomorelogic

Post by nomorelogic »

hi

I read the french wiki and I found this statement:
Une entreprise qui n'utilise pas de journaux auxiliaires enregistrera toutes ses opérations au jour le jour directement dans le livre-journal.
Where i read (using google translate of course) that is not mandatory to manage Special journals or auxiliary journals, but is mandatory to write in the unique "Journal (comptabilité)" -> "General ledger" that matches the single italian "Libro giornale" wich I was referring (and absolutely legal in Italy).
If Gestinux allow me to write in a single journal I think we aren't out of accouting topic (about Italy of course).

About bank statemets these are a subset of all account entries. Every bank matches a specific account so you can extract all entries from a unique journal filtering by a speficik bank-account. This subsets are called in italian "mastrini" (or "schede contabili").
http://blog.pmi.it/22/02/2012/contabili ... -mastrini/
In the end: a SELECT "movements" FROM "journal" WHERE "account" = 'BANK-XYZ' ;)

In your experience there's something similar to italian "mastrini"?
tintinux
Site Admin

Post by tintinux »

In Gestinux bank statements refer to an extra-accounting table where we can enter or better import the statements from a bank, in a rather raw form.
There is currently nothing to print them, I don't think it would be useful.

These bank operations should have been entered before as accounting entries (tables Moves and MoveLines), usually before receiving the statement from the bank.
It is possible to match them, or to generate quickly missing accounting entries, and at the end before closing the period both must match exactly.
Then, you can get the bank entries (your mastrini) joining the Moves, MoveLines, Journals and Accounts tables, and extracting a Bank account.
General Ledger can be used to extract and print them, but it can print also any other journal's content by selecting accounts and/or journals names.

The Journal table is only a small table containing only the different (special) journals and their properties.

I hope this is clearer.

Best regards
Tintinux
nomorelogic

Post by nomorelogic »

tintinux wrote:In Gestinux bank statements refer to an extra-accounting table where we can enter or better import the statements from a bank, in a rather raw form.
It is possible to match them, or to generate quickly missing accounting entries, and at the end before closing the period both must match exactly.
Is this the reconciliation?
tintinux
Site Admin

Post by tintinux »

No, reconciliation is something else, required to produce a clean accounting.
It is assigning a 3 letter code to 2 or more acounting entry lines, having debit+credit = 0.
A professional accountant should know what I mean...

Best regards
Tintinux
Cordialement,

Tintinux