Preview of spanish translation

If you are developing Gestinux or if you want to join the developers, write your questions and remarks here.
Mario

Preview of spanish translation

Post by Mario »

Hi, i didn't find the button "New Topic" in the "Other languages" sub-forum, so I post here.

Lets introduce myself: I'm an old old time Pascal programmer (since Turbo Pascal 2) and after several versions of Delphi, now I use Lazarus. I also routinely use LazReport and Zeos, so you can imagine my interest in your nice project. My platform is Debian and my database of choice is Postgres.

I live in Argentina so I speak natively spanish. Yesterday I began a translation of Gestinux to spanish. Is by no way finished, but I attach 3 files for you to know and preview. I'm also preparing a "chart of accounts" and journals, both for english and for spanish, both in simple (short) and in full (long) versions. For this I'm compearing with other software like gnucash and openerp.

Thanks for your great work, Mario.
Attachments
es_ES_countries.txt
(3.7 KiB) Downloaded 1053 times
es_ES.ini
(67.36 KiB) Downloaded 1092 times
es_ES_util.ini
(9.95 KiB) Downloaded 1111 times
tintinux
Site Admin

Re: Preview of spanish translation

Post by tintinux »

Hi

I really appreciate your participation !

Have you a sourceforge account ? I can give you the developer profile, to use svn yourself to commit the translations. I'd prefer, if you don't mind.

I can add a spannish forum. For this I need a translation of the introduction header (from english).

I will also add spannish as a supported language in the Wiki, and give to you an editor's profile, so you can create some pages when you'll have time.

If you use the es_ES code, this means that you write spannish from Spain (es_ES), without any american specific word.
Otherwise it is better to start with the code es_AR. I must trust you for this.
Cordialement,

Tintinux
tintinux
Site Admin

Post by tintinux »

i didn't find the button "New Topic" in the "Other languages" sub-forum, so I post here.
I have corrected some permissions and the button should be visible now.

However this current sub-forum (english/development) is the right place to write in english about development, and english is the best language to exchange about development.
So you are not wrong !

I have created a Spanish forum, but it should be used to write only in this language.

To finalize it, I need :

1) translations of it's sub-forum titles and comments.
2) translations for the sortable captchas page used to reduce spams
sortable lists questions.png
sortable lists questions.png (35.24 KiB) Viewed 21789 times
Cordialement,

Tintinux
Mario

Post by Mario »

Thanks for yor openness.

- My sourceforge nickname is mguerra13, it would be better doing translation via sourceforge because is a long effort and in the future updates will be needed.

- Thanks for the spanish forum, I could respond other people questions natively in this forum. The same for the Wiki, if time permits I could translate the most important pages. For the transalations of the forum titles, I also viewed the french ones, so for example, the firts one "Usage" could be translated in spanish as "Uso" or "Uso del programa" or (as in french one) "Ayuda para la utilización" or "Ayuda para la utilización del programa". You can see there are many variants and translation is not an exact science. Following is what I think is better:

Español
Haga click aqui para navegar en los foros de este idioma si no conoce el inglés.

* Uso del programa
Para preguntas relacionadas a la configuración y uso de una versión pre-compilada de Gestinux, descargada desde Sourceforge.net. En las preguntas indicar la versión de Gestinux utilizada y cual es su sistema operativo.
Por favor utilizar el foro de Desarrollo si usa versiones compiladas por si mismo.

* Instalación del programa
Para preguntas relacionadas con la instalación de Gestinux.
Siempre indicar cual es su sistema operativo y la versión del mismo !

* Desarrollo
Si desea participar en el desarrollo de Gestinux y no escribe en inglés, puede hacer sus preguntas en este foro.
Si sabe inglés es preferible que directamente utilice el foro "English" - "Development".

- About the locales, my locate in fact is es_AR, but I prefer start with es_ES (to reach a potentially larger audience) and later put the litte differences in another file es_AR if needed. I think this is the normal way for us the "hipano parlantes", and the way I could see in other software too (at first start with Spain), and we en Argentina are equally happy piking up es_ES versions because the es_AR versions normally doesn't exists. A warning about this is that in the field of computers and in the field of accounting, there are differences between Spain and LatinAmerica (and also between countries in LatinAmerica). My idea is that I could write a first version of th es_ES files, an later, a spanish native from Spain could make the changes needed.

- The forum has sortable captchas, but I could not find them, or how to translate them.
tintinux
Site Admin

Post by tintinux »

Hi

Your nickname has now "developer" rights in source forge. Please lock the files you started to change and commit when you can.

I have entered your translations of the spanish forums.
I hope you will be able to reply to any message.
You should set yourself something to be notified of new messages by e-mail.
Later, if necessary, I'll set you as moderator for these forums.

About the locales, I must trust you. I don't know the exact differences between the 2 sides of Atlantic ocean...

For the sortable captchas, you have only to translate the 3 texts in the screenshot I sent. I will enter them in the ACP along with some spanish cities.

Thanks for your input.
Cordialement,

Tintinux
Ryans

Post by Ryans »

tintinux wrote: 16 Jan 2015, 17:23 Hi

Your Leanbean success has now "developer" rights in source forge. Please lock the files you started to change and commit when you can.

I have entered your translations of the spanish forums.
I hope you will be able to reply to any message.
You should set yourself something to be notified of new messages by e-mail.
Later, if necessary, I'll set you as moderator for these forums.

About the locales, I must trust you. I don't know the exact differences between the 2 sides of Atlantic ocean...

For the sortable captchas, you have only to translate the 3 texts in the screenshot I sent. I will enter them in the ACP along with some spanish cities.

Thanks for your input.
Thank you for translating.