I hope this is the correct place to report a bug (actually what looks like one.)
TL;DR: missing line in languages/fr_FR_countries.txt.
I started the program the first time in French. Then I made a few operations, over several sessions.
Then i am restarting from the beginning: select language. this time I selected Spanish.
Gestinux signaled it will create the lis of all countries in Spanish, this is fine with me (later I will check it ).
However it was not able to complete the creation:
Code: Select all
La consulta a la base de datos ha fallado (SQL Error: Field 'CountryCodeId' doesn't have a default value)
A look into the datebase shows there are one 246 registers in countrycodes tables, while there are 491 (=246+245) registers in countries. the culprit is then AFGHANISTAN; which is the first line of fr_FR_countries.txt (while it should really be "CountryName;CountryCode".)
Then the program is a bit stunned: the main menu and the title bar stays in French for example. I closed all the dialogs, entered again in languages to reconfirm Spanish, thereafter the actions changed to Spanish (but not the title bar, that one should be a small glitch).
I then quitted then restarted Gestinux. Seems to work, however when visiting the Países table, there are no country names in Spanish, all show as blank.
Then trying various ways to solve the problem (including adding the missing register), I got several exceptions, mainly
Code: Select all
La consulta a la base de datos ha fallado (SQL Error: Table 'tempcountries' already exists)
Obviously time to quit gestinux and MariaDB and restart them.
However I never found a way to retrigger the creation of the Spanish country names on that database.
Then I created a new database (in Spanish this time, obviously), and started the same dance but in the reverse way, changing to French. This time it went OK!
So I guess the only problem (besides missing South Soudan and now the "strange" XI pseudo-country) is the format of languages/fr_FR_countries.txt.